Terms & Conditions
BY PLACING A BOOKING AND STAYING WITH US AT OLD OAK COTTAGES YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING CONDITIONS OF USE OF POOL, SAUNA AND PLAY AREA SO PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY.
1. A telephone/email booking will be held for a period of 5 days pending receipt of a deposit. We require a 20% deposit of the total booking cost (non-refundable) Payment is is by CHEQUE made payable to A. TATTERSALL. Payment can also by made by BANK TRANSFER -
bank details are at the bottom of the booking summary you will be
sent. We also accept CARD PAYMENTS (Mastercard/Visa) Bookings made within eight weeks of arrival date must be accompanied by the full payment. Please Note - When you submit a booking via our online reservation system, this does not form a contract between us, it is a booking request. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter on confirmation sent in the post or by email and deposit or full payment has been made.
2. Full payment must be made at least 8 weeks before the arrival date.
3. VISITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN CANCELLATION INSURANCE ARRANGEMENTS.
4. Cancellations must be received in writing and the balance due unless we are able to re-let the cottage.
5. The Proprietors reserves the right to cancel or alter the booking arrangements - in this event Old Oak Cottages shall only be liable for the return of monies received.
6. Guests undertake to leave the cottage/cottages in a clean and tidy condition as found on arrival, with all bins emptied and all dishes washed and put away in cupboards. We ask that no food is left in the fridge or freezer. When more than one property is booked, please ensure that all crockery/cutlery/glasses etc are put back in the correct cottage prior to departure. We request that no furniture is moved from cottage to cottage. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE YOU, IF IN OUR OPINION, THE ACCOMMODATION NEEDS ADDITIONAL CLEANING THAN WOULD OTHERWISE BE REASONABLY EXPECTED.
7. Guests are responsible for any breakages or damage and must inform the Proprietors of such. the Proprietors reserve the right to enter your cottage/cottages for inspection if they consider it necessary.
8. The Proprietors reserve the right to seek compensation for any damage discovered after guests have departed.
9. VISITORS MUST REFRAIN FROM SMOKING IN THE COTTAGES AT ALL TIMES.
10. Persons using the swimming pool do so at their own risk and the owners are not liable for the loss of or damage to any of their possessions or belongings or for any act of negligence or personal injury however caused. >
Poolside supervision is not carried out by the owners and children 16 and under years may not use the pool unless accompanied by an adult (over 18 yrs of age.)
Users should be aware that the pool is 1.2m deep and diving, jumping and running is not permitted in any part of the pool building
There is a lifebelt provided for use in case of emergency only and this must not be used as a swimming aid or toy. If this item is used, it must be replaced immediately afterward and any defects or damage notified to the owners at once.
Users should exercise due care and avoid causing an unreasonable level of noise or discomfort or disturbance to other users.
The owners reserve the right to withdraw consent for the use of the pool at any time in their absolute discretion.
Users should read and observe the Pool Users safety Code displayed at the pool. Smoking is not permitted in the pool/ sauna area.
We strongly recommend that you do not use the pool or sauna on your own. Always be accompanied.
No responsibility can be accepted for any accident or injury sustained during, or as a result of, the use of the sauna. Extreme care should be taken at all times. Anyone with a suspected heart condition should not use the sauna. Please read the Sauna Safety Rules displayed by the sauna door.
Old Oak Cottages does not accept any liability for accidents or injuries during a guests period at Old Oak Cottages. Old Oak Cottages especially advises clients to ensure proper supervision of children at play on the property which includes the pool, pool building, children’s playground, playing field & surrounding area.
The Pool and its environment are NOT SUPERVISED – YOU USE THE POOL AND PLAY AREA ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE REQUEST THAT CHILDREN ARE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES.
11. The Proprietors are not to be held responsible for the loss of any
valuables or property left on or around the premises at any time. All
guests, their family, friends or visitors must ensure that they take all
reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others whilst on the property. The proprietors will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss caused whilst in or around the property/pool building/grounds.
12. CONSIDERATION TO OTHERS – Guests are requested to respect the peace and
safety of everyone staying at Old Oak Cottages. Noise after 10pm must be
kept to a minimum. The Proprietors reserve the right to ask any guest/guests
to leave the cottage/cottages/premises should they cause upset or disruption
to other guests for whatever reason.
13. The use of the Swimming Pool is for those persons staying in the
14. Under NO circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the website and in the brochure occupy each cottage. The Proprietors reserve the right to refuse entry TO THE ENTIRE PARTY if this condition is not observed. Please inform us if you wish to have day visitors so that we can make sure you will have enough crockery etc.
15. Bookings are STRICTLY FROM 4PM ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL TO 10AM ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE. Our housekeepers arrive at 10am on the day of your departure to prepare for our next guests, and will need access to your cottage. We ask that you respect these times.
16. For Group Bookings (two or more cottages booked to the same group, either booked under one group name or individual names/cottages) there is a £100.00 PER COTTAGE damage/extra cleaning security deposit. This is payable with your final balance. Providing there is NO DAMAGE OR EXTRA CLEANING REQUIRED, the amount paid will be returned to you within 5 working days of departure. Please note - all cottage bookings wishing to come as part of a group are required to pay this.
17. PETS - one dog per cottage is welcome in FOX, OWL AND WREN cottages BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT on the understanding that they are not left on their own in the cottage at any time, that they are not allowed on the furniture or taken into the bedrooms, that they are not taken into the Play Area and that owners act responsible and clean up where necessary on walks around the grounds. There is a charge of £30.00 per short break/week per dog. STRICTLY NO DOGS ALLOWED IN BEAVER, SQUIRREL, PHEASANT, BADGER AND MOUSE.
18. Data Privacy Statement. We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. As members of Premier Cottages (a marketing collective of the best four and five star cottages in the UK) we have agreed to supply Premier Cottages Ltd the names, postal and email addresses of all guests booking or proposing to book with us in order that these guests may receive Premier Cottages brochure and be sent promotional emails from time to time. By accepting these terms and conditions you are indicating your consent to receiving these communications from us unless you let us know otherwise by telephoning us or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to be removed from the mailing list.